Saturday, February 5, 2011

How To Know You Like Him.....

Having thought for about week on how to go about this without being too mushy, love-struck/infatuated, I simply decided to put together some of the things that made me know that I like him, and apparently I really do otherwise I wouldn’t be doing this! And from henceforth I shall name him "My stop nao boy", and he's waaaaay cooler than "My 5-naira boy"……..(Yes, you are *tongue out*, whatever!)

How To Know When You Like Him….

You know you like him when you talk about him incessantly to your friends, always bringing something he said, something he did into the conversations that you have with other people, until they know almost as much about him as you do;

You know you have begun to like him when you see him from a distance and your heart skips a beat, a smile shapes your lips, or even the faintest sweat breaks out on your forehead, because the anticipation of talking to him builds momentum each day;

You know you can no longer deny liking him when sappy love songs like J-holiday's suffocate begins to remind you of him, and old songs like Bow Wow's Like you, with Ciara starts to come back to your head on the randomest day;

You know that you like him when you are trying to make a plan with your friends and you need his opinion to move forward, and you need his own plans so you can work around them, and you don’t even want to be somewhere he wouldn’t approve of;

You know you like him when you have an exam by a lecturer that is literally a brain drainer, a lecturer who seems to specialize in making examinations a living hell, but you are up really late, still talking to him on the phone, BBM, or even YIM;

You know you definitely like him when you start to download the music he likes, look for authors he favors, begin to use his phrases in your daily conversation unconsciously, and even have a prejudice against things he doesn’t like;

Your head should let you know you like him when you look out for him in crowded places, speak to him in hushed whispers, want to be with him always, #nothingsexual :)

You know you like him when you think about him at random times, because something equally as random, like a smell, walk, memory, daydream, laugh, and outfit has made him become alive in your head;

You know you like him when you have had a bad paper, or you think you are about to have a bad paper - panicking, and you are wishing he was there to hug you, hold you, and tell you he believes in you;

You know you like him when you believe Bruno Mars and his many many exaggerated love songs-you know catching a grenade is unlikely, jumping in front of a train would probably not happen, and dragging a piano over highs and lows and lengths and breadths of Lagos would not be possible,- but yet you understand the idea behind it;

You know you like him when he does the littlest things, but it invariably makes your whole day, and you have crammed him just like a difficult 400level Eco formula to the extent that in your head you know what he is about to say, how he'll say it, and with what expression;

You know you like him when nearly everything he says makes you want to write about him, blog about him…

Yes, this is a subliminal blog, but *in his voice* who sai? I have to express myself frequently otherwise I am going to go insane with all the non-verbalized emotions, I am not only human, but a chronic love-hunting human at that! #Shrug

I guess what I am trying to say is that once again I have fallen victim to being in the exact same position I always, always try to run away from. I am back where I was with all my unwanted shakara, and yet again, I am taking a leap of faith…..My only hope is that it would not be another "Ill-fated leap of fate" http://cremekidd.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-ill-fated-leap-of-faith.html

Because I really do like this one, but I cannot take anymore heartache, this time I want it all…..All or Nothing!

3 comments:

  1. hmm nice write up although am not into love issues but this is good ..watch out for all this points .. to know when she's really in love with me
    *Thumbs up**

    ReplyDelete
  2. iwish I could comment as "Anonymous"... oh well... *walking away*

    ReplyDelete